Be advised:

This blogger will present some stupid, useless and/or dangerous ideas. Do try it at home!

My other blog about bicycle touring:

Samstag, 22. September 2012

Mounting a rear MTB rack on a road bike

Today I finally got my road bike a rear rack.

The lightest rack I had was from an old Specialized mountain bike.
Since my frame has no mounts for the rack, I had to get creative:

First I got a steel plate, like every hardwarestore has:
bicycle modification
I cut out the following parts. Drilled holes, bent and painted them.

bicycle modification
The bigger plate is screwed to the rack.
bicycle modification
Now I placed the two smaller plates between the quick release and the frame. I used the brake screw to connect the long bended plate to the frame.
bicycle modification

 So thats my bike. Forgive me all the lights and reflectors, but this is the setup for a 24 hour ride.
bicycle modification


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen